How to Audition
- Please send a video of yourself singing both songs by memory, all the way through. Please make sure you are not looking at lyrics on your computer screen!
- Please sing it with the same music guide you have been practising with - whether it's an MP3 or a YouTube link.
- Please wear your dress code in the video, and make sure to film your shoes in close-up (clear) at the start of your video! Dress code details are here: https://www.capitalchoir.com/hub/dress
You can send your video anytime between now and 4th June at midnight!
How to Submit
Please use WeTransfer.com to send your videos. That way, you will automatically be notified via email (by WeTransfer) when your video arrives in my inbox, and again as soon as I have downloaded/viewed it. I won't be able to confirm receipt of every audition as it comes in, or again once I view it- so using WeTransfer will give you some reassurance that your audition has arrived safely! WeTransfer is also able to transfer huge files, unlike regular email. You don't need to register or pay for anything.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure to use a computer or laptop - and NOT an iPhone app.
* Simply go to: https://www.wetransfer.com
* You will likely see a homepage which gives you this option: "Take Me To Free". Click on that.
* On the next screen, you should see a box on the left, inside which you only need to do 3 things:
1. + Add your files
2.Type YOUR email address (otherwise WeTransfer won't be able to send you a notification when I've downloaded your audition)
3. Type MY email address, and perhaps Louise's, too, if you'd like to be extra careful:
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you notice your upload is taking an outrageous amount of time, try refreshing the page or just starting the process again after a minute. The site occasionally gets bursts of heavy traffic.
**If you have a cold or sore throat...don't worry about how you think your voice sounds, or about not being able to hit the high notes!! I already know that each of you can sing well enough - the audition email was only sent to choristers who I felt would be able to sing the songs, so that's YOU. I really need to see how much work you put into the songs on your own - and if you enjoy singing them!
Good luck everyone!
All the best,