The Capital Children’s Choir is highly versatile and has had years of experience performing and recording. Past performances have ranged from small charity events to massive stadium gigs. The choir is flexible and the size can range from a small group of 8 choristers to a massive chorus of 100. The choristers can sound highly polished or untrained; they can sing classical repertoire or experimental pop, and they can learn music by ear or with sheet music.
- The boys in the choir record with Frank Ocean at Abbey Road Studios
- The choir records the soundtrack to Pan at Air Studios.
- The choir performs their “greatest hits” at the Station-to-Station Festival at the Barbican
- The choir sings at the Pride of Britain awards on ITV, alongside Pixie Lott
- The choir records “Chances” by The Strokes at Abbey Road Studios. The video gets
- Featured in Time Magazine and NME; receives support from the band and from Regina Spektor.
- The choir collaborates with artist Dinos Chapman and together launch their EP at the Vinyl Factory.
- The choir records a cover of Laura Mvula’s “Father, Father” at Abbey Road Studios and receives support from Laura Mvula on twitter.
- The choir records for the Fleet Foxes and DreamWorks at Abbey Road Studios
- The choir performs the national anthems at the International England vs Australia Rugby match at Twickenham Stadium
- The choir performs “Somewhere Only We Know” with Lily Allen at Brixton Academy
- The choir records a cover of Spiritualized “So Long You Pretty Thing” at Abbey Road Studios and the recording is premiered by Jarvis Cocker on BBC radio.
- The choir performs at London Fashion Week, for Matthew Williamson’s Spring collection and is featured in Vogue Magazine.
- The choir records a cover of Crystal Castles “Untrust Us” at Abbey Road Studios and the video goes viral. It is featured on Pitchfork and supported by the band.
- The choir performs the national anthems at the International England vs New Zealand Rugby match at Twickenham Stadium
- The choir records a cover of Stevie Wonder’s “For Once in My Life” at Abbey Road Studios and after being featured by San Francisco Globe and on George Takei’s popular facebook page, the video goes viral.
- The choir performs live on BBC London
- The choir performs at their first headline gig at Union Chapel, London
- The choir records a cover of Florence and the Machine “Shake It Out” at Abbey Road Studios, after singing with Florence Welch during her rehearsals at Alexandra Palace, London. The video goes viral.
- The choir performs at the Bomber Command Memorial at Hyde Park, in the presence of Queen Elizabeth II and Charles, Prince of Wales.
- The choir is invited to perform at the Team USA gala ahead of the London 2012 Olympics in the presence of sporting legends Mohammed Ali, Carl Lewis and Bob Beamon.
- The choir sings alongside Rihanna at Westfield for the annual Christmas Light ceremony.
- International Rugby match at Twickenham Stadium - Members of the choir sing both national anthems and “Jerusalem” at the England vs France match
- Members of the choir record a cover of Lady Gaga “Judas” by request of Perez Hilton and receives support from Lady Gaga
- Members of the choir perform alongside Vanessa Carlton on the Conan Show in Hollywood
- FA Cup Final - members of the choir sing “Abide With Me” at Wembley Stadium (May 15, 2010)
- International Rugby match at Twickenham Stadium - the choir sings the national anthems and “Jerusalem” at the England vs Samoa match. (November 20, 2010)
- Members of the choir are invited by Perez Hilton to perform at his show “One night in London” at the O2 Arena
- Members of the choir record with Vanessa Carlton at Abbey Road studios for her album “Rabbits on the Run”
- The choir records a cover of “Chinese” by Lily Allen and uploads it on YouTube. The video goes viral.
- Members of the choir perform the national anthem and Jerusalem at Twickenham Stadium for the International Rugby England vs Australia match (November 7, 2009)
- Members of the choir perform at the International Rugby England vs Argentina match at Twickenham Stadium (November 14, 2009)
- The choir is invited to sing at the annual lighting of the Christmas Tree at Somerset House, London (November 16, 2009)
- The choir is invited to perform a recital at St. Paul’s Cathedral in aid of KIDS charity (November 18, 2009)
- Members of the choir perform at Reading Festival alongside American punk rock band, Anti-Flag (August 22, 2008)
- First YouTube Recording at Abbey Road Studios, performing “Sweet Child O’Mine” by Guns n’ Roses with orchestra.
- Members of the choir sing with Malcolm Middleton for Colin Murray’s BBC Radio 1 live session. (Dec 7 2007)
- The choir sings with the Spice Girls at 18 shows during their sellout reunion tour at the O2 Arena, London.
- Members of the choir perform in the presence of Pope Benedict at St. Peter’s Basilica during morning Mass on the first anniversary of Pope John Paul II’s death (April 2, 2006)
- The choristers sing the premier of “Welcome to a Brand New Day” at the Royal Albert Hall for the launch of the anti-cervical cancer vaccine, Gardasil (October 17, 2012).